What summer experience will provide the best foundation for your future? Have you considered exploring your field and building professional networks during the summer through an internship or by conducting research side-by-side with a faculty mentor? Thanks to the generosity of UR alumni and friends, there are at least 230 summer fellowships available this summer. Continuing, full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate students who have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA may apply for a UR Summer Fellowship to support internship or research opportunities.
Research (applications due February 11, 2013)
Arts & Sciences Summer Research Fellowships
- Students who are interested in an Arts & Sciences discipline and who wish to conduct full-time research for eight, nine or 10 weeks.
Jepson Summer Research Grants
- Leadership studies majors who have designated Jepson as their home school, who wish to immerse themselves in scholarly research in close collaboration with a faculty mentor.
Spider Research Fellowships
- Undergraduate students at the University of Richmond who wish to conduct full-time research over the course of the summer.
Internship (applications due March 20, 2013)
Chaplaincy Summer Internships
- Students who are interested in completing summer internships as a means of integrating their faith commitments with their professional aspirations.
Civic Fellowships (Center for Civic Engagement)
- Students completing otherwise-unpaid or nominally paid, academically grounded 10-week internships in the nonprofit or government sectors.
Robert L. Burrus Jr. Fellowship for Internships (Jepson)
- Students planning to fulfill their required Jepson internship by working in unpaid positions for nonprofit, government, or education organizations both in the United States and abroad.
Spider Internship Funds (Career Services)
- Students completing a summer internship that is unpaid or minimally paid, in for-profit or not-for-profit organizations.
For complete guidelines and application information, visit http://www.richmond.edu/summer-fellowships/